Many developments over the weekend. A friend has visited for the weekend. Jenny up the street says her mom is now reading my blog too! HI JENNY'S MOM! We have acquired more free furniture and it is actually useful. I spotted the cemetery man again while my friend was with me. She said she would stop if there weren't kids in the car. There are never not kids in the car. I busted my oldest in a few deceptions, but he wasn't doing drugs or planning any sort of mass destruction, so I guess I still love him.
In more serious news, my mother still has a horrendous cough after her surgery. She had her follow-up appointment with the local cardiologist and came away feeling let down. He didn't give this cough or her condition the attention and treatment I believe he should have. He discussed her condition with her sister (while she was in another room) but failed to have any meaningful disclosure with her. I could hear the shakiness in her voice and while she is usually the strong one, Monday morning some doctors are going to be talking to one persistent and perturbed daughter. I am hoping she feels up to going out for a short (or long if she feels well enough) drive to admire the changing leaves. I know she loves to see them. And I love her.
My father-in-law had his hip replacement this past week. They had to place bands around the top of the leg bone to keep it from cracking more. UGH. After the surgery they gave him over three pints of blood in two days. When they performed some tests to see why he was still weak and dizzy, they discovered a blood clot in his leg. So last night, after he sent his wife back to her brother's house for the night, they rushed in unexpectedly and placed a filter in his aorta. When I called this morning, they were hauling him off the physical therapy. And last I knew, they are going to replace the other hip within a week.
So in light of my mother and my father-in-law, I have NO problems. My life is 100%. I will be appreciative and grateful for every move I make. I will not complain..... until I forget that I don't have it bad. Unfortunately, my state of mind may wear off faster than I'd like. So if you catch me complaining, smack me and tell me to get over it. It COULD be WORSE!!
Heather
PS Saw the movies Click and Prairie Home Companion over the weekend and enjoyed Click about 3 stars (highlight of the movie involved David Hasselhoff in a body function scene) and Prairie Home Companion was an absolute snore. I love that radio show and was really set up in my mind to enjoy. Such is life.
6 years ago

1 comments:
We saw the guy at the cemetery yesterday, too. It was the first time I'd seen him, but then I don't usually go that way.
I'm thinking good thoughts for your mom and your father-in-law. And may you give those docs a piece of your mind on Monday; your mama deserves better than that.
Post a Comment