My oldest graduates from high school on May 30th at Big Sandy Superstore Arena at eleven am. It doesn't seem possible. It seems like it was just 3:44 pm October 5, 1991 yesterday. That tall brooding man that lurks around my house can't possibly be the sunshine haired boy that brought me rainbow pictures and talked with a lisp when his teeth fell out. He can't be the same boy that loved to cuddle and read bedtime stories and sing and dance with me in the living room like crazy people. But he is. Just bigger, more distant, more ready to roll his eyes at me. But every time he does... I have an image of him in my mind... running across our yard, laughing his fool head off, yelling "Mommy, Mommy!" Oh the bittersweet heartache of watching my child grow into a man. Cory---even when I am upset with you, disappointed, angry... know always that I am proud of you, that I love you and I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your life because I know it's going to be gooood!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment