This past weekend, I put the children to bed, snuggled on the couch with our new puppy, Archie, and got all ready for my evening cookie snack. Every evening, as things wind down and I watch my brain draining television, I pour myself an ice cold glass of delicious milk and some form of fatty, chocolatey yumminess. Milk in our house is a commodity that is worth far more than gold. The children drink it by the truckloads, we cook with it, so there is never enough. I go through anywhere from 3-5 gallons a week.
So imagine how horribly offended I was when my satisfying evening treat couldn't be had. I opened to refrigerator to find NO milk.. not even the dredges of milk in one of the children's cups that can usually be found there. Zilch, nada.
As a generally peaceful person, I am always surprised by what will royally tick me off. I can generally hold my temper and my tongue for a fairly high threshold of personal offenses. But a lack of milk had me pondering who should be held accountable and murdered. The absolute lack of any other drinkable substance to go along with a yummy treat makes me absolutely flip my wig... Luckily, all survived... I drank a tepid glass of tap water and had a stack of salty Pringles instead.
6 years ago

3 comments:
I know how you feel...our youngest LOVES milk...after running out of milk a few times when he was beginning his great consumption, I have decided that when we're down to 1/2 gallon it's time to buy...that reminds me, I need to get more milk tomorrow. Jim laughs but that's how I roll. I HATE not being able to have cookies or cereal or poptarts cuz I don't have my moo juice.
No milk? I feel your pain. (But usually I'm the offender since I live solo.)
Btw your dog is sooper cute. :D
H.
Thanks for the compliment... our sweet puppy had to endure the sex change, so she really appreciates all the flattery.
Post a Comment