? ??????????????Splat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (8 Ratings)??55 Grabs Today. 7547 Total Grabs. ??????Previe
w?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Phone Booth? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (21 Ratings)??51 Grabs Today. 29903 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Insta BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Personal post

Experiences this evening have made me thankful that my life didn't take so many of the paths available to a rural girl in WV. Please don't take offense if any of the following happens to be in your life.

I am thankful I didn't decide to marry just because I had a baby when I was sixteen. It would have ended badly. I am glad I finished school and stayed actively employed. I am glad I didn't seek as my highest goal to get a man and a trailer. I am glad I don't believe everything I read. I am thankful I can read. I am so grateful not to hold the deeply ingrained prejudices of generations before me. I am grateful for good dental care and the availability of personal hygiene products. I am grateful that the one man who dared to raise his hand to me in anger suffered appropriate repercussions and may still walk funny. I am glad I didn't entirely believe all the bad things mean people like to say to shy girls. I am so grateful not to be ashamed of having some intelligence.

That's about it. I am just glad to have more than some and less than others. I am happy, healthy, and safe thus far. Seems like a good thing.

0 comments: