My daughter is a self-confident, assertive, grab the world by the balls kind of righteous chick.
This is what I tell myself so I don't think negative thoughts ALL the time. :0)
In the past weeks, we have had a steady deterioration of our much welcomed good nights sleep. Our sweet little pumpkin face has destroyed all hope of a normal human baby gate being enough to contain her to her room for the purpose of rest. She hurdled a chest high gate without so much as a thought to the amount of clearance below. She could have walked under it, but was so peeved it didn't occur to her.
After constructing many obstacles to her exit, we waited. She screamed, whined, begged, stripped herself, her bed, emptied her dresser and then peed in the floor. Twice.
Next night.
She repeated the above (minus pee, add poo).
Tonight. Tonight she is wearing zip up pj's (thank you donutbabe) backwards. Two hours, but she is asleep. FOR NOW.
Stay tuned. There's more where that came from.
My next blog will be instructions to all of you ne'er do wells about how I wish to be handled and mourned should my date to meet my maker fall on my surgery date. (Disclaimer: I plan to be around a long time. I am not planning on croaking. If I do, I am not afraid.)
So check in tomorrow, all you crazy cats, to see what tunes will be piped in.
Love
Heather
6 years ago






2 comments:
Someday she will sleep through the night. For your sake, I hope she'll still under your roof when she does it, not when she's off at college.
I woke up at 3:19 on Monday night to the sound of an infomercial. Had to go tell the girl that this was really to early to get up, even at Grandma's house. She came into bed with me, fell asleep, turned herself sideways, and started kicking me in the head. When I moved her back to a more normal, non-head kicking position, she muttered, "You told me I had to sleep that way."
Oh!! Good thinking!! I am sure the poop was fun. LOL!!! She is so smart and head strong. I love her to pieces.
Post a Comment